NSFAS Application 2022 – Apply to NSFAS Online Application Form. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS Application 2022 has been released. nsfas.org.za online application 2022, NSFAS Registration 2022, NSFAS Online Application 2022 Application Form available below.
NSFAS Online Application 2022 has been published online. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application form 2022 has been open for students who wish to apply for financial assistance to further their studies at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges.
Table of Contents
NSFAS Application Requirement and Eligibility
You qualify to apply for an NSFAS bursary if:
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programmes;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
Who should not apply?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
What does the NSFAS bursary cover?
- Tuition fee (total cost of study)
- Subsidised book allowances
- Subsidised accommodation to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Subsidised meal allowances
- Subsidised transport allowances for spending
- Registration fees
- Prescribed learning materials to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Personal care allowance
NSFAS Online Application Form
Things to note before applying online to NSFAS:
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed the consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za fill it in and submit it with your application
NB: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months
How to Apply
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS online application form portal is below.
Please note that financial assistance is only considered for students who have been accepted at a higher learning institution and meet all the requirements to study towards higher education.
Fully subsidised free higher education and training for poor and working-class South Africans.
NSFAS only provides financial support for the following postgraduate programmes:
B TECH: ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: ARCHITECTURE (PROFESSIONAL)
B TECH: BIOKINETICS
B TECH: BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: BIOTECHNOLOGY
B TECH: CARTOGRAPHY
B TECH: CHIROPRACTIC
B TECH: CLINICAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: DENTAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
B TECH: ENGINEERING: CHEMICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: CIVIL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: ELECTRICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: INDUSTRIAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: MECHANICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: MECHANICAL: MECHATRONICS
B TECH: ENGINEERING: METALLURGY
B TECH: ENGINEERING: REFRACTORIES
B TECH: FORESTRY
B TECH: HOMOEOPATHY
B TECH: NURSING
B TECH: NURSING SCIENCE
B TECH: NURSING: COMMUNITY NURSING
B TECH: NURSING: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
B TECH: NURSING: OCCUPATIONAL NURSING
- Postgraduate students in fields not mentioned above are advised to apply with the National Research Foundation (NRF). Visit www.nrf.ac.za for application dates
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
You have already applied for 2022 on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number
You already have NSFAS funding for 2019.
You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below which you may apply for:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- B Tech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- B Tech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- B Tech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the financial aid office on campus for assistance with their 2022 applications.
You may Call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327