See the updated Thuli Madonsela Salary, Biography, Age, Career, Net Worth 2022 according to Forbes. We may also throw in extras like Thuli Madonsela Instagram, Spouse, Twitter, News, and more.
Let get started with a brief introduction.
Table of Contents
- Thuli Madonsela – Biography, Age, Career, Salary & Net Worth
- Thuli Madonsela Age
- Thuli Madonsela Family
- Thuli Madonsela Husband
- Thuli Madonsela Children
- Thuli Madonsela Career
- Awards and Honours
- Thuli Madonsela Publications
- Thuli Madonsela Salary
- Thuli Madonsela Net Worth
- Contact Details
- Thuli Madonsela Quotes
- Thuli Madonsela Salary
- Thuli Madonsela Instagram
Thuli Madonsela – Biography, Age, Career, Salary & Net Worth
- Name: Thulisile Nomkhosi Madonsela
- Occupation: Ombudsman
- Date of Birth: 28 September 1962
- Nationality: South African
- Net Worth: An estimated net worth of $500,000
Thuli Madonsela (born 28 September 1962) is a South African Advocate and Professor of the law. She is currently holding the position of professor at Stellenbosch University’s Law Faculty since January 2018.
She is a lifelong activist on social justice, constitutionalism, human rights, good governance and the rule of law.
Thuli has served as the Public Protector of South Africa from 19th October 2009 to 14th October 2016.
Thuli Madonsela Age
She was born on the 28th of September 1962 in Johannesburg, South Africa. As of 2021, she is 59 years old and celebrates her birthday on September 28th every year.
Thuli Madonsela Family
Her parents are Nomasonto Madonsela and Bafana Madonsela. Her father was a trader likewise her mother.
She has a sibling by the name Musa Madonsela and they grew up in Soweto.
Thuli is also a grandmother to a cute young girl by the name Melo. Melo is Wenzile’s daughter.
Thuli Madonsela Husband
Madonsela was once a married woman but lost her husband while her children were still young.
Reports indicate that her partner is certainly Dick Foxton, a public relations consultant and they are engaged. She for that reason revealed the news about her engagement on Real Talk On, in July 2018.
Thuli Madonsela Children
She has two children from the marriage; a son: Mbusowabantu Fidel and also a daughter: Wenzile Madonsela.
Thuli Madonsela Career
Since the 1980s, she has, first of all, worked for trade unions in the public and also the private sectors.
In 1996, she was a member of the team that drafted the final constitution of South Africa promulgated by then President Nelson Mandela.
In 2007, she was appointed by former President Thabo Mbeki as a full-time member of the South African Law Reform Commission.
Awards and Honours
- 2016 – Forbes African Person of the year – German Africa Prize
- 2016 – FW de Klerk Goodwill Award
- 2015 – Doctor of Law (honoris causa), University of Fort Hare
- 2014 – Transparency International Integrity Award
- ANN7 South African of the Year
- Woman of Courage in the Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
- Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in the Leaders category and described her as “an inspirational example of what African public officers need to be”.
- 2013 – Stellenbosch University (March), Rhodes University (April) and University of Cape Town (June)
- 2011- Daily Maverick named her South African Person of the Year for “serving her role as an ombudsman to the exercise of executive power with an unwavering commitment to truth”.
- 2016 – She was chosen as one of the BBC’s 100 Women
- 2016 – She received the German Africa Prize
Thuli Madonsela Publications
- Madonsela, Thuli (1995). “Beyond Putting Women on the Agenda”
- Madonsela, Thuli (1995). “A fair deal for the woman worker?”. In Liebenberg, Sandra. The Constitution of South Africa from a gender perspective. Cape Town: Community Law Centre at the University of the Western Cape in association with David Philip.
- Maluleke, Mikateko Joyce; Madonsela, Thuli (2004). Women and the law in South Africa: Gender equality jurisprudence in landmark court decisions.
- Madonsela, Thuli (September 2012). “Corruption”
- Madonsela, Thuli (19 March 2014). Secure in Comfort
Thuli Madonsela Salary
Reports indicate that she probably earned as much as a judge of the Supreme Court of Appeal who receives a total annual package of R2,173,470.
Her salary is however certainly fixed at almost R1.789 million in addition to an annual gratuity of more than R1 million.
Wade du Plessis – Biography, Age, Career & Net Worth
Thuli Madonsela Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of $500,000 which she has earned as an advocate.
Thuli Madonsela Foundation
Trust 4th Floor, 24 Cradock Avenue Rosebank, Johannesburg South Africa 2193
Tel: (+27) 61 179 9327 (IB-MD)
Mobile: (+27) 72 283 6978 (Brian)
(+27) 72 283 6978 (Brian)
Thuli Madonsela Quotes
- ‘It’s vital that every girl determines, as early as possible, who she is and what her contribution to humanity will be.’
- ‘If there is one thing I’ve learned it is those wrong things are not done by bad people.’
- ‘At times we do have to stand alone with only hope as our companion. If you stand for the truth and do so long enough hope does eventually pay.’
- ‘..listen well [to] hear what is not said.’
- Just because we deal with underhanded people, doesn’t mean we too must be underhanded.’
- ‘[Forgiveness is] not for the wrongdoers but to liberate yourself from their emotional prison.’
- ‘You are somebody right now. Never let anyone make you believe you are somebody when you have a title.
Thuli Madonsela Salary
Many people want to see Thuli Madonsela Salary structure. But we can’t find this information available online. Therefore Thuli Madonsela Salary is currently unknown, but you can still calculate from the net worth above if it’s really important to you.
Thuli Madonsela Instagram
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the net worth, salary, and other information on this page are 100% correct. We strive to keep it up-to-date, but things can change without prior notice.
If you’re a fan of Thuli Madonsela, drop ♥️♥️♥️ in the comment below.
If you have any questions or updates, comment below. Don’t forget to Share this Post.
See more Post about: